ADSM-L

adsm and dec alpha machines with nt

1997-12-03 15:16:13
Subject: adsm and dec alpha machines with nt
From: Cindy Cannam <CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 14:16:13 -0600
Some of the other LAN techies asked me this morning whether anyone out
there in ADSM-land has had any experience loading ADSM client code on a
machine running under NT, but having an DEC alpha processing chip (as
opposed to an Intel chip). There is currently nothing in the documentation
to make a differentiation between chips, only OSes, and hardware platforms.
I guessed that as long as the OS was NT that a standard vanilla NT client
installation would be appropriate. But there may be caveats.

Has anyone had any questions such as this yet? Any opinions?

Thanks.

C.L.Cannam
Storage Management
GENAM, St. Louis, MO