ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:03:06
I am running ADSM V3.1.0.1 (client and server)  on Windows NT V4 servers.

One of the big driving forces behind us obtaining ADSM V3 is the ability to
perform remote restores on clients.

The new administrative webshell interface looks great however I have one or two
problems with the backup webshell interface.

I can perform remote restores using the backup webshell interface however this
means having the webshell.exe running in a command prompt window on each client.

Can this not be run as a service so it can be automatically started at boot
time?  I have tried installing the webshell.exe command as a service using the
instsrv command from the Windows NT Resource kit but can't get this to work.
Has anybody managed to do this?

Will this be fixed in a future ptf?

Regards

Phil

Phil Chissell       phil.chissell AT research.natpower.co DOT uk

This represents the view of the author alone and is not to be
considered as the position of National Power PLC