ADSM-L

Convertion from Netware to HPFS.

2015-10-04 18:03:06
Subject: Convertion from Netware to HPFS.
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 11/29/97 9:32PM
______________________________ Forward Header
__________________________________
Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    11/29/97 9:32 PM

Hi,
I've a customer who is making a backup of a Netware-server through a OS/2
workstation. He has now the intention to move his data from that novell
server to an OS/2 LAN server. He continues to make his backups through that
same OS/2-workstation. In the first situation de 'file space type' is
NETWARE.
So my question is: 'What will the file space type be, after he has been
moving his data form that Netware-server to the OS/2 LAN Server?'
Another question is: 'What are the consequences for the backups he made
before the move? Can they still be used after the move, but then on the
OS/2 LAN Server without having troubles with ACL's and that kind of
stuff...?
Does this sounds familiar to anybody?
Greetings,
Bert.