ADSM-L

Re: reclaim off-site volumes

1997-12-01 11:59:41
Subject: Re: reclaim off-site volumes
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 10:59:41 -0600
What this is really saying that the on-site copies of this data are bad, or
marked as such.

1. TURN OFF RECLAMATION on your copystgpool.

2. Issue: RESTORE STG yourprimarypool COPYSTGPOOL=yourcopypool PREVIEW=YES

This will give a listing of all tapes needed to recover the on-site data that is
marked as bad.  After getting the tapes on the list, do checkins if needed and
upd vols acc=reado.  Then issue the above command without preview.  After the
restore is finished, upd the tapes to offsite and send them back to the vault.
Now you should be ready for offsite reclamation again.

Hope this helps
Al Barth.