ADSM-L

Re: reclamation of offsite volume

1997-12-01 11:30:24
Subject: Re: reclamation of offsite volume
From: Alan Hamilton <alanh AT PRIMENET DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 09:30:24 -0700
From: Dave Sanders <dsanders AT MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Monday, December 1, 1997 04:51 AM

>While doing an offsite, copypool reclamation, I get pages-worth of an
>ANR1163W message.  The help for this message is:

>        1) I don't think that I'm supposed to be required to bring a
volume back
>from offsite to reclaim (move data).
>        2) How do I find out what the "primary volumes" are so that I
can make
>them available?
>        3) If I DELETE VOLUME, would I end up "losing" files or would
the copypool
>be regenerated from within the primary pool via ADSM-magic?
>
>In short, how do I get 2 copies (on-site primary & off-site copy pool)
and
>make sure that they are in sync??

When ADSM reclaims an offsite volume, it actually copies files from the
corresponding onsite volumes to a new volume.  In this case, however,
ADSM found files that exist in the offsite volume, but can't be
accessed in your onsite volumes.  No, this is not normal -- have you
had any tape errors, or anything else happen that would make a tape
unavailable?  Check the error logs for any mount or read failures.