ADSM-L

Full and Incramenal backup

1997-12-01 10:12:00
Subject: Full and Incramenal backup
From: Ted Spendlove <SPENDEE AT THIOKOL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 08:12:00 -0700
Full and Incramenal backup

Malkit Hayun wrote:

>>> Malkit Hayun <malkit AT UDI.CO DOT IL> 12/01/97 05:28am >>>
Hello !

Does any of you work with ADSM on the traditional UNIX backup - full +
incremental, keeping the full backup once a period for a year or so and
the incremental only for few weeks.

I know that not the way ADSM work , but I'm trying to answer on of our
customer how can ADSM manage those kinds of backup .

Regards

Malkit,

Last February the following was posted by Jerry Lawson.  I saved it because I
think it sums up the full-incremental issue fairly well.  I'm sure you can find
the full
discussion in the archives.

Ted Spendlove
Thiokol Corp.