ADSM-L

Re: Windows NT Filespace Types

1997-11-27 07:41:08
Subject: Re: Windows NT Filespace Types
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 12:41:08 GMT
Replying to: "Phil.Chissell" <phil.chissell AT RESEARCH.NATPOWER.CO DOT UK>
(Mon,
24 Nov 1997 11:32:55 -0000)

>I am running ADSM V3.1.0.1 (client and server)  on Windows NT V4 servers.
>
>I scheduled a backup on a client which had a mixture of NTFS and FAT
>filesystems which completed successfully.
>
>On the client, I then converted one of the FAT filesystem to NTFS and
>performed another backup.  This also backed up OK but when I ran a "query
>filespace" on the server, this filespace is still recorded as being of type
>FAT.
>
>To get around this, I deleted the offending filesystem from the ADSM server
>and then rescheduled a backup on the client.  This time the filespace type
>gets recorded as NTFS.
>
>This seems like a bug to me or is this expected behavior?

It's ADSM's behavior (although not expected). The information about
filesystem type is set at the first backup and is not updated. It is the
same with the node OS type.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,