ADSM-L

Re: Deleting backed up files

2015-10-04 18:03:49
Subject: Re: Deleting backed up files
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 11/26/97 9:16AM
YES!

This would work, but only if the files are actually deleted.  Assuming that
they still need the files, then you'd have to do a rename, incremental....
This does avoid the dummy file, though.

Thinking out of the box - I like this!

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    11/26/97 9:16 AM

Hello,
I'm not so sure, but would'nt it be possible to add an Include statement
for these files in your dsm.opt, specifying a special management class.
This new management class would have to be defined with a period of 0
(zero) days to keep inactive files.
So by the next backup, these files would be rebound to this mgtclass and
then automatically deleted at the next expire process?

Regards,

Rene Lambelet, Nestle, VEVEY