ADSM-L

adsm and raid dasd

1997-11-25 13:41:11
Subject: adsm and raid dasd
From: Cindy Cannam <CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 12:41:11 -0600
To all:

I recall seeing a few memos about problems with RAID dasd a few weeks ago
(having problems getting ADSM to recognize the RAID drives as "real" drives
for backup, etc.), but I don't recall that I read any solutions or even
work-arounds for this problem. Because a great deal of the data ADSM is
about to become aware of in our Novell environment lives on RAID dasd (and
has the added complexity of the Novell volume naming conventions), has
anyone resolved this little irritation? There must be other sites with at
least similar configurations out there. (I'm also interested in how ADSM
handles RAID in the NT world, but that doesn't seem to be as big an issue
as with the Novell environment.)

Thanks.

C.L.Cannam
Storage Analyst