ADSM-L

Re: Excluding filesystems from incremental backup

1997-11-24 17:09:24
Subject: Re: Excluding filesystems from incremental backup
From: Sean Garvey <sgarvey AT PHAEDO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 17:09:24 -0500
On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Ken Perdue wrote:

> Folks,
> I'm using the AIX 2.1.0.6 client, and I have a filesystem that I want to
> exclude
> from incremental backup. The way I read the DOMAIN option, I can specify the
> names of all filesystems that I want to INCLUDE in an incremental, but what I
> really want to do is EXCLUDE a filesystem. It seems that using the DOMAIN
> option, I'd have to update the list every time I add a filesystem.
>
> Is there a way to exclude a filesystem from backup without having ADSM scan
> all
> the files (tens of thousands of them)? My backups are timing out and I don't
> really need to back up that filesystem anyway (which contains Usenet
> newsgroups).

Use an include exclude list.

Mine looks like the following:
------------- Insert of inclexcl.sapphire ------------

exclude /adsm2/.../*

------------- End Insert of inclexcl.sapphire ------------
etc..

Hope this helps.  They are very useful.

Sean

o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0

Sean P. Garvey                                  phone: (703) 527-6036
Phaedo Consulting, Inc.                         beeper:(800) 381-9779
www.phaedo.com                                  email:  sgarvey AT phaedo DOT
com

o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0