ADSM-L

Excluding filesystems from incremental backup

1997-11-24 14:45:21
Subject: Excluding filesystems from incremental backup
From: Ken Perdue <kperdue AT MAIL.UCC.VCU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 14:45:21 -0500
Folks,
I'm using the AIX 2.1.0.6 client, and I have a filesystem that I want to exclude
from incremental backup. The way I read the DOMAIN option, I can specify the
names of all filesystems that I want to INCLUDE in an incremental, but what I
really want to do is EXCLUDE a filesystem. It seems that using the DOMAIN
option, I'd have to update the list every time I add a filesystem.

Is there a way to exclude a filesystem from backup without having ADSM scan all
the files (tens of thousands of them)? My backups are timing out and I don't
really need to back up that filesystem anyway (which contains Usenet
newsgroups).