ADSM-L

Re: Why is the same tape mounted several times during a re

1997-11-20 13:34:59
Subject: Re: Why is the same tape mounted several times during a re
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 13:34:59 -0500
Dwight..
I could surely be wrong, but I thought that DIRMC pointing to a disk
pool helped in the way you describe below, in some older version or
release levels (don't know which, but I'm thinking v1)  but that the way
ADSM does tape processing in v2 or some level of v2, it makes DIRMC not
so valuable anymore.  So I've been taking DIRMC back off our clients.
I thought I got this from a conversation with Andy at IBM...   Andy, am
I all washed up?
Thanks,
Julie
JPHINNEY AT HUMANA DOT COM