ADSM-L

Administration Schedules -Reply

1997-11-20 12:13:25
Subject: Administration Schedules -Reply
From: Tony Pietrusiewicz <PIETRUSIEWICZT AT BCBSIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 11:13:25 -0600
Jim,
How often you run your admim. schedules and what they consist of
depends on the needs and size of your installation.
I'll describe some of my schedules below to give you a point of
reference.
1) Incremental Data Base Backup                  Daily
2) Full Data Base Backup                               Weekly @ 2:00 A.M.
3) Inventory Expiration                                   Mon. Wed. Fri & Sat.
       Takes 12 hours to run. Our DB is 32 gigs.
4) Tape reclaimation                                       Daily from 10:00
A.M. to

4:00 P. M.
       One schedule to start it. Another to Stop it. Our Batch runs start in
       the evening. That's why I run reclaimation during the day.
5) Storage Pool migration from disk to tape    Daily from 4:00 A.M. to
                                                                        11:00
A.M.
    One schedule to start it; another to stop it.
6) Deletion of Volume History                         Daily - 12:30 A.M.
        To delete DataBase Backup Tapes.

Hope this gives you what you need Jim. By the way I've found that using
the GUI to set up schedules is easy.
                                                              Later Tony

>>> Jim Dixon <Jim_Dixon AT ODNMAIL01.ODN.STATE.OH DOT US> 11/19/97
01:21pm >>>
We are currently running the MVS Server Version 2.  How often should
Administration Schedules run?  Daily, Weekly, Monthly?  If some of these
schedules are different, which should run and how often?

Thank You,
Jim Dixon
State of Ohio
Network Administrator 2