ADSM-L

HSM and Files > 2GB

1997-11-20 04:51:49
Subject: HSM and Files > 2GB
From: Gerhard Rentschler <G.Rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:51:49 +0100
Hello,
we need a hierarchical storage manager which supports filesizes >2GB.
As far as I know ADSM/HSM client for AIX currently supports only
filesizes < 2GB. I haven't found any information about this subject
for the HSM client for Solaris. I think the version 3.1 clients will
have this type of support. But they are announced for 1Q98, and this
usually means March 31st. This is too late for us.
Best regards
Gerhard
--
Gerhard Rentschler            email: g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email: g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de