ADSM-L

A question about shutdown ADSM

1997-11-19 22:04:14
Subject: A question about shutdown ADSM
From: Julie Xu <CCJX AT MUSICA.MACARTHUR.UWS.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 13:04:14 +1000
We are using SP2/AIX 4.1 as a adsm serve and backing up about 30 node
every night.

My manager want to backup the adsm server machine using backup command
at unix lever every day.

I would like to know:
    Is it safe to showdown the adsm server every day?
    If I showdown it by script running in cronjob automatically, what is
       the command I should use for showdown - disable&halt?

    If there are some process or sessions in adsm server while I was
       showdown the machine, what will happen? it will cause the
       inconsistance of data?

    How can I cancel process&session and shudown server automatically
      by script?

 Any comments will be appreciated
 Thanks in advance

 Julie Xu