ADSM-L

how to recover unexpired data from tapes with errors

1997-11-18 21:12:00
Subject: how to recover unexpired data from tapes with errors
From: ADSM-L(a)VM.MARIST.EDU; smcclure(a)IS.RICE.EDU
To: ADSM-L(a)VM.MARIST.EDU
Date: Wednesday, November 19, 1997 2:12PM
I think I know how to do this but thought I would double check with the guru's.
I have a tape that got a write error during an ADSM backup so ADSM marked it
read-only and moved on to the next tape.  The bad tape obviously still
has 'some'
good and unexpired data on it.  Before I trash the tape, do I do a
'move data' command
and move all unexpired data from the bad tape to a new one??
Or is there another way to get the good, unexpired data off the
tape.... other than waiting
for it all to expire ?

thanks,
Susan McClure