ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:03:48

In the gui, under storage pool, storagepool volume, highlight the volume
with the error and go to file, audit.

 (Embedded
 image moved   smcclure AT IS.RICE DOT EDU
 to file:      11/19/97 03:12 PM
 PIC24918.PCX)

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Roger Nadler)
Subject:  how to recover  unexpired data from tapes with errors

I think I know how to do this but thought I would double check with the
guru's. I have a tape that got a write error during an ADSM backup so ADSM
marked it read-only and moved on to the next tape.  The bad tape obviously
still has 'some' good and unexpired data on it.  Before I trash the tape,
do I do a 'move data' command and move all unexpired data from the bad tape
to a new one??
Or is there another way to get the good, unexpired data off the tape....
other than waiting for it all to expire ?

thanks,
Susan McClure
UNIX Sys. Admin.
Rice University