ADSM-L

backup db

1997-11-18 17:58:41
Subject: backup db
From: Michael Hagen <Michael.Hagen AT GECITS-EU DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 23:58:41 +0100
Hallo,

I have a simple problem concerning the backup of the ADSM database. A
customer acctually wants to store several backup versions of the ADSM
database on the same tape. But when I try to do it, the ADSM server says,
that the tape is already in use. I tried it with the GUI and with the
command line but with no success.

adsm> backup db dev=<devclass_name> type=full vol=<volume_name> scratch=no

where <volume_name> is the name of a volume with an existing DBBackpfull.
Have you any idea about the reason?

Thanks in advance,

               Michael.

Me ektimissi - Yours sincerely

Michael Hagen
CompuNet Essen
System Engineering
Severinstrasse 42, 45127 Essen, Germany
Phone: 0201/2012-289, Fax: 0201/2012-123,