ADSM-L

Changing Tape Assignments

1997-11-17 18:53:40
Subject: Changing Tape Assignments
From: Roger Nadler <Roger_Nadler AT SONYMUSIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 19:53:40 -0400
Please forgive a new ADSM'er. I have a tape Library of 17 DLT
Tapes.(ADIC218). 11 are assigned to the storagepool five are used for db
backup incremental and one is being used for db backup full. I needed a new
scratch tape for a tape reclaimation, tried to run a db backup full after I
changed the policy to keep only three incremental. What wound up happening
is I know have two db backup fulls and still five db backup incrementals
(one tape was checked out and one checked in to do the db backup). I need
to get rid of these extra incrementals and one extra full. What should I
do???