ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Problems

1997-11-17 10:17:27
Subject: Re: ADSM Problems
From: "Moir,Elizabeth" <Elizabeth.Moir AT LN.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 09:17:27 -0600
I'm not an NT person myself, but we recently had a big go 'round here with
this same kind of problem and it basically all came down to NT permissions.

This the concluding revelations of the NT administrator here that finally got
the problem solved.  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but maybe it
will to you.

 "I know you were wondering about the solution to our ADSM problem.
 Basically we were able to determine the account to grant file system
 permissions to.  The account is the local administrators account.  Once
 we gave this accout permissions to the drives to be backed up, it worked.

 As I said before, we can't run the service under any user account.  We have
 tried several different ones.  I thought this was interesting in your
message.  It
 could be why it doesn't work.

  As I mentioned in my previous note, there is a known problem with being
  able to access system acl security descriptors (auditing information) when
  running as a service."

You might also want to look through the archives of the listserv, because
there was a lot of good information and suggestions sent here when we were
trying to figure out the problem.  Good luck and don't give up.  It IS a
solvable problem.

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 11/14/97 01:36:35 PM