ADSM-L

B/A of WIN95 clients to MVS without Host TCPIP

1997-11-14 14:35:56
Subject: B/A of WIN95 clients to MVS without Host TCPIP
From: "Paul Phelan (MTL)" <Paul.Phelan AT TELEDIRECT DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 14:35:56 -0500
Hello ADSMers.
I turn to this recommended service to try to find suggestions about an ADSM
setup I am trying to use.
We are running the ADSM server on S/390 with no TCPIP. I am currently
backing up OS/2 clients (LU6.2). Most of our machines are WIN95 and I would
like to back these up, but they require TCPIP. This is what I am trying to
do...

WIN95 client with TCPIP talking to COMM SERVER, that will act as a gateway
to the ADSM Server.

In other words (TCPIP )->(TCPIP/translated to LU6.2)-> ADSM server.

Has anyone tried this or run into this same type of scenerio?