ADSM-L

ADSM V3,1 Client under Windows '95

1997-11-13 12:25:38
Subject: ADSM V3,1 Client under Windows '95
From: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 12:25:38 -0500
Jerry,

>Good question.  I might add to Peter's question - what happens if there is
>more than one drive with no label?  Are they kept as separate entities, or do
>they get lumped together as the same device?

The drives are lumped together in one filespace, so you must take care
when performing an incremental as the files backed up from the first no-label
drive could be marked inactive by the incremental of a subsequent no-ladrive
could be marked inactive by the incremental of a subsequent no-label
drive. This problem is on our list to fix.

Regards,

Mike Dile
ADSM Client Development
mikedile AT us.ibm DOT com