ADSM-L

Daylight savings time - Full bkps

2015-10-04 18:03:48
Subject: Daylight savings time - Full bkps
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 11/12/97 5:20PM
This is a documented problem.  The problem was reported with level 3 of the
Win-32 bit client - but only on Win95 (not NT).  The fix for the problem was
included in the level 5 client.  My bet would be your customer is running
level 3 - this is a good incentive to upgrade.  It happens twice a year -
both in spring and fall.

There was a report that another full backup would be taken after installation
of the upgraded client, but I did not see this occur when we did the upgrade.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    11/12/97 5:20 PM

Hello Fellow ADSMers,

I have a customer who is complaining that since the "Fallback time change"
all of his Win-95 PC's have been doing full backups when running an
incremental the first time after the change.  Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Russ Bears
Platform Support
Harvard University