ADSM-L

How does changingretries work?

1997-11-12 23:14:18
Subject: How does changingretries work?
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 15:14:18 +1100
Hi,

I am a little unclear as to how the changingretries option works.

We are performing an incremental backup to a copy group that uses shared
dynamic serialisation. A large proportion of the files being backed up are
open. We have changingretries set to 4.

When ADSM encounters one of these open files, it should retry (and I guess
is because all of the files get backed up). My question is how long does
ADSM wait before retrying? Is it immediate? A fixed interval? Random?
Something else?

We are trying to reduce the backup times for some machines and are trying
to work out if reducing changingretries will be beneficial.

thanks,

Trevor