ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and the NT Service

1997-11-12 21:07:32
Subject: Re: ADSM and the NT Service
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 21:07:32 EST
In article <0017000003527656000002L062*@MHS>, "Moir,Elizabeth"
<Elizabeth.Moir AT LN.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM> says:

>3.  I  changed the TCPServerAddress in the options file to the full address
>instead of the alias.  I tried to execute the ADSM Client.  It blipped on the
>screen and disappeared.

Hello Elizabeth

Did you check the dsmerror.log file in the baclient subdirectory?
This should tell you what is going on, or not.

If not, forget about the pull down menus, bring up an msdos
command prompt window. Cd to the baclient subdirectory.
Then run the dsmc.exe program. You should see any messages without
the window clearing.If you still have information scrolling up and
out of site on the window, you can right click on same and increase
the number of lines buffered by   the command prompt window.

If you have open registration and password generate, the dsmc
command is a good way to register the client and to store the
password in the registry.

len
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513