ADSM-L

Re: Anyone using 9GB drives?

1997-11-10 14:30:16
Subject: Re: Anyone using 9GB drives?
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 14:30:16 -0500
I'm going to find out how this works fairly soon - I've got four of the
4.5 GB SSA drives as my ADSM disk resource, and they're about to be
replace (this week) with the 9 GB drives. This will be for database,
logs, and all disk storage pools. I'm planning on using the center
'stripe' of two of them for my database (now at 61% of 1.3 GB) and
whacking the rest into logical volumes. I'm not sure about the rest - I
hate to split the drives up (the drive usage looks real ugly if you're
writing to one lv and migrating the other lv on the same spindle to
tape) but I really can't plan on keeping a 9 GB pool intact.

I'm on AIX 4.2.1 and ADSM 2.1.5.13

Tom Kauffman
Sr. Technical Analyst
NIBCO, Inc.