ADSM-L

Re: serious ADSM/HSM problems

1997-11-07 17:46:35
Subject: Re: serious ADSM/HSM problems
From: Ray Pratts <pratts AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 16:46:35 -0600
Henk ten Have,

We recently installed HSM and had problems with the NFS automount.  The
scenario was when we added file systems to HSM on system A, these file
systems would soon become unavailable to systems which were trying to
access the file systems on system A.  IBM wrote a patch to  automount
and the problem has disappeared.  Does this sound like the same
problem?  If so, I can check about getting you the information about the
fix we used.

Regards,
Ray Pratts

Pinnacle Computer Solutions, Houston, Tx
Phone:  281-272-8932
e-mail: pratts AT ibm DOT net