ADSM-L

Scratch tapes (again!)

1997-11-07 12:12:00
Subject: Scratch tapes (again!)
From: "Gould, Alicia J CPCT" <Alicia.Gould AT CIGNA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 12:12:00 -0500
I have one more question about tapes - - -

I now have an admin schedule that turns my empty tapes back into
scratch, but I have several tapes that won't update.  They show up as
status=private when I do a Q Libvol, but won't allow me to update them
back to scratch or even view the details.   I get a message that the
tape is not a part of a storage pool.   It's a catch 22 - they are not
defined in a storage pool, but not seen as scratch.  Anyone seen this
before?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Alicia Gould
Cigna