ADSM-L

ADSM with bad performance

1997-11-07 12:06:56
Subject: ADSM with bad performance
From: Michael Hagen <Michael.Hagen AT GECITS-EU DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 18:06:56 +0100
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the performance of ADSM. We installed ADSM on an IBM
G40 with 256 MB RAM
and we use an IBM Magstar 3570 (B02) with two drives. We installed AIX
4.1.5 and ADSM server 2.1.5.13.

When backing up the ADSM-Server itself, we expected a performance of
approximately 20 to 30 GB per
hour. But we got instead only 2 GB per hour. While backing up very large
files we get 5 GB per hour, which
is too slow. Did you ever have similar problems?

There are a couple of parameters (on the server and on the client side)
with which one can increase
(or decrease) the backup performance: TXNGroupmax, MoveSizeThresh,
MoveBatch, TCPWindowSize,
TCPBuffSize, TXNBytelimit, ,,,. Does anyone of you has made any experiences
with these (and other)
parameters? Are there any other possiblities to increase performance. I
don´t have so much experiences
with performance.

Thank you very much in advance,

                    Michael.

Me ektimissi - Yours sincerely

Michael Hagen
CompuNet Essen
System Engineering
Severinstrasse 42, 45127 Essen, Germany
Phone: 0201/2012-289, Fax: 0201/2012-123,