ADSM-L

V3 PTF1

2015-10-04 18:03:48
Subject: V3 PTF1
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 11/6/97 8:32PM
MBCS - Multiple Byte Character Set languages - Those languages such as
Japanese (Kanji) that require more than one byte to hold a language
character.

If you are supporting primarily western languages, such as English, French,
etc.  You should be fine with the SBCS.  When you start up the installer, one
of the early screens asks you to select a language.  Although I haven't
played with it, I would *EXPECT* that if you downloaded the SBCS version, and
tried to install Kanji (or Chinese, or Korean), the languages would be
missing from the language list.  But this is a speculation.

Hope this helps.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    11/6/97 8:32 PM

I am about to apply PTF 1 to my V3.1 server on NT.  The problem is I am not
sure which files I need.
I have a choice of either:
a)  v3ntp1sb.exe  -- the ptf4 distribution package for SBCS languages
or
b)  v3ntp1mb.exe  -- the ptf4 distribution package for MBCS languages

What is SBCS and MBCS?  And, how do I know which to use?  The text file
doesn't really clarify this.

Any help is appreciated!