ADSM-L

Re: Son of "First Impressions"

1997-11-07 04:53:44
Subject: Re: Son of "First Impressions"
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 09:53:44 GMT
Replying to: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM> (Thu, 6 Nov 1997
11:18:12 -0500)

[...]
>Let me use a sample scenario of a simple backup to illustrate why I think the
>new method is confusing me.
>
>ASSUMPTION:  I have a directory structure as follows:
>
>       c:\Jerrys\old\junk
>
>Under each level, I have 25 files.
[...]
>But, let's suppose that I only want to backup the files in the directory \OLD
>under Jerrys.  If I click on the gray box next to "old", I get that, but I
>also get the files in the directory "junk" underneath it.  I don't want these
>files.

Another way to do it:

Select the gray box next to "old". The files under old *and* junk get
selected.

(de)Select the gray box next to "junk". This way only the file in "old" will
be selected.

But I agree with Jerry when he says that CTRL-click should still be
supported. Also it would be nice tho have a "Select All <ctrl-a>" option
under edit, at least on the win32 clients, just to keep up with the windows
explorer.

As for the gray/checked/yellow/partialy yellow/with a green dot box, it can
get confusing.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,