ADSM-L

Re: First impressions of V3 clients.....

1997-11-06 08:26:02
Subject: Re: First impressions of V3 clients.....
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 13:26:02 GMT
Replying to: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US.IBM DOT COM> (Wed, 5 Nov 1997 14:13:49
-0500)
I'm still digesting the new backup client, but here's my 2 cents.
I'm still digesting the new backup client, but here's my 2 cents.

>We need to honor the domain statement in the options file like we did in V2.
>The question is whether it would be preferable to preselect all the drives
>in the domain and have the user de-select any files/dirs that are not desired
>for backup, or to perhaps provide a "domain incremental backup" menu option
>under
>the actions menu.  I'm soliciting input as to what would be preferable.  We're
>targeting our next PTF to include this function in the GUI.

I'd prefer the "Domain Incremental" option. I think it could be interesting
to include this feature right on the ADSM Hub Window.

Some more comments:

I was expecting to see more changes on the admin client. At least inclusion
library management, and replying to mount request

I fully agree with Jerry Lawson when he sais that it's *too* easy to backup
all files accesible by one client.

There are a few more things i'm checking on to see if i like it or not.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,