ADSM-L

3570 Configuration

1997-11-04 11:03:20
Subject: 3570 Configuration
From: Bo Ossinger <ossinger AT WSU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 08:03:20 -0800
We have just installed an AIX server with 3570 B02's attached. Thanx mostly
to information gleaned from this list, I managed to successfully define the
libraries and drives to ADSM. When I run DSMLABEL, however (using the
-SEARCH option), the utility ignores the cartridge in the priority cell
(first cell in magazine #1).  Is there a trick to using that cell, or are
(first cell in magazine #1).  Is there a trick to using that cell, or are
we limited to 19 volumes per library?

Bo R. Ossinger                 email: ossinger AT wsu DOT edu
Washington State University    phone: 509-335-0920
Information Technology         fax:   509-335-6635,,,50920
Production Support Systems     http://www.wsu.edu/prod_supp/Pss.html
PO Box 641222
Pullman, WA  99164-1222