ADSM-L

NT permissions & misc. questions

1997-11-04 09:39:42
Subject: NT permissions & misc. questions
From: Terese Wojtowicz <TWojtowi AT AMSCHOICES DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 08:39:42 -0600
In winding down in implementing procedures for NT clients, I could use some
advice on anyone who's had experience with the NT client.

I restored some folders with different permissions and some that were
shared.  When I do a restore, I get the NT defaults back (thus the folder
is no longer shared).  Is there anything I can do to retain those settings?

Is there any way to generate a log of what is being restored?

Dsmsched.log keeps track of files backed up with the scheduler.  Is there
any way to get logs of files backed up when manual backups are performed.

Lastly, I have 2 management classes for NT servers.   The default is called
CLASS1 and the other is CLASS2.   Getting servers to back up with CLASS1 is,
 of course, no problem.   I added "INCLUDE CLASS2" into my option file on a
server I wanted in CLASS2.  How can I tell for sure which class it is using
when it backs up?

Any help anyone can give on these questions would be appreciated.  Thanks,

Terese Wojtowicz
Sr. Network Administrator
American Medical Security
twojtowi AT amschoices DOT com