ADSM-L

Re: Bare metal restore from a CD .....

1997-11-03 05:00:13
Subject: Re: Bare metal restore from a CD .....
From: Alfred Novacek <Novacek AT POP.IDV.UNI-LINZ.AC DOT AT>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 11:00:13 +0100
[...]
>The problem that I think I am going to have is this, can I format a logical
>drive as NTFS without having to fully install NT?  I am still playing with
>this.  Let me know if you
>know the answer to this question.
[...]

Dan,

One product that allows You to do this (anhd many other wonderfull things,
like resizing partitions) is PartitionMagic by PowerQuest
(http://www.powerquest.com/). PartitionMagic comes with graphical versions
for Win 3.1/Win95 and OS/2, along with text based versions for DOS and OS/2
(there is no NT version, because NT blocks all accesses to physical disks;
there are also limitations under OS/2).

HTH - Alfred Novacek

Dipl.-Ing. Alfred Novacek
Dipl.-Ing. Alfred Novacek
Institute for Data Processing in Business Administrations,
     Social and Economic Sciences
Johannes Kepler University Linz / Austria
E-Mail: Novacek AT idv.uni-linz.ac DOT at
        Novacek AT pop.idv.uni-linz.ac DOT at
WWW: http://www.idv.uni-linz.ac.at