ADSM-L

installing adsm on hpux 10.20

1997-10-31 16:00:22
Subject: installing adsm on hpux 10.20
From: Kai Hintze <Hintze.K AT AMSTR DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:00:22 -0800
fellow sufferers,

We are trying to install the v2r1 client on an hp running
HPUX 10.20 per the ReadMe. It looks to me like it requires
HP OpenView. Can this be true?

------- clip from install attempt ---------
# swinstall -v -s /tmp/hpux.v2r1m6.IP20996.image IBMADSM
# swinstall -v -s /tmp/hpux.v2r1m6.IP20996.image IBMADSM

=======  10/31/97 13:16:10 MST  BEGIN swinstall SESSION
         (non-interactive)

       * Session started for user "root@hp03".

       * Beginning Selection
ERROR:   "hp03:/":  The operation you have attempted is
only allowed on
         target machines which have HP OpenView Software
Distributor
         installed. To perform this operation, first run
the HP
         OpenView Software distributor pushAgent(1m).
       * Target connection failed for "hp03:/".
ERROR:   More information may be found in the daemon
logfile on this
         target (default location is
hp03:/var/adm/sw/swagentd.log).
       * Selection had errors.

=======  10/31/97 13:16:11 MST  END swinstall SESSION
(non-interactive)

#

I would appreciate any insights you may be able to give.
I would appreciate any insights you may be able to give.

Thanks,
Kai.