ADSM-L

Device class capacity values for 3590 Magstar

1997-10-31 07:52:30
Subject: Device class capacity values for 3590 Magstar
From: Jeff Connor <connorj AT NIMO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 07:52:30 -0500
  We are adding Magstar drives to our MVS system for use with our ADSM
v2.1.10 MVS server.  I'm not sure what values to use for estimated capacity
and/or maximum capacity, 10GB? 30GB?, when defining the device class for
the 3590s.  Can anyone using 3590s with ADSM let me know what values you
selected?  Also are there any other 3590 related issues I should be aware
of with ADSM for MVS or MVS in general?  We are installing the 3590s in a
4410 STK silo.  Thanks

Jeff Connor
Systems Programmer
Niagara Mohawk Power Corp