ADSM-L

Re: OK I'm getting closer

1997-10-30 17:08:34
Subject: Re: OK I'm getting closer
From: Michael R Vogt <vogt AT AUK.NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 17:08:34 -0500
> This is the problem trying to run a client with an include statement that
> points to a different mgmt class.
> I added the mgmt class to the domain via the administrator's gui and copy
> pools below that. the client dsmerror log says the mgmt class I created
> doesn't exist. That sorat tells me, I DID SOMETHING WRONG when I created
> these things. Is there something I missed?

From the ADSM sample certification test:

30. An ADSM administrator has changed a management class to provide for
additional backup versions. A user later contacts the ADSM administrator
complaining that nothing has changed. Which of the following has the
administrator forgotten to do?

A) Validate the policy set
B) Activate the policy set
C) Update the policy set
D) Make policy set the default

From the ADSM sample certification test answers:

              After an ADSM administrator changes a backup
              copygroup, ADSM will load and use the new
 30    B      definition when the Administrator activates    Admin Guide,
              the policy set. Until the policy set is        Admin Ref
              activated, the new rules will not be used by
              ADSM.