ADSM-L

Re: Re.: Re: ADSM Database Cache Hit Percent

1997-10-29 08:53:36
Subject: Re: Re.: Re: ADSM Database Cache Hit Percent
From: Koen Leeten <Koen_Leeten AT CEM DOT BE>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 14:53:36 +0100
Hi Debbie, you're not alone, we also have 2 servers with a bufpoolsize of
30720K with a cache hit of 97,59 and 93,08 after a week running. They have
databases of 4100M and 7000M. I stopped adding bufpoolsize since the gain
in cachehit% was minimal, as you pointed out memorysize increases and i was
stil inside my backupwindow. To the other persons reacting on this topic ,
could you please also give your databasesize (just the bufpoolsize is
meaningles).
Whit a bufpoolsize of 100k and a database of 1M (bufpool is 10% of
database) you're cachehit% is a lot better than the same bufpoolsize with a
database of 100M (bufpoolsize is 0,1% of database)
Greetings, Koen.