ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:04:42
Hello to all.

I want to expound a question in the one which I suppose that they are
interested many people of this Forum.
Does any product exist that do it be composed with ADSM and that do it
contribute the HSM functionality?
IBM recommends utilize OPEN/ STOR. We don't know it, they only have made us a
presentation, and we have also revised the red book that bill like they are
composed in environment Novell AVAIL/ HSM and ADSM.
it seem us that it is not an as resolved solution as the one which contributes
ADSM in AIX environment.

We have found the following problems:

ln Intel environment, we have seen that IBM suggest the utilization of OPEN/
STOR, but we have met with the distributor in Spain, and we have found several
deficiencies.

OPEN/ STOR needs an appropriate server in order to make the Administration of
HSM

It is difficult to synchronize the data saved of the server OPEN/ STOR and his
clients with ADSM.

Like OPEN/ STOR utilizes a file (similar to a Storage Pool), in order to keep
the administered files, ADSM should save this whole file, not only the files
that have changed (like the incremental backup).

When you recover a file that has been migrate with OPEN/ STOR, modify and  save
again, not reutilize  the space of the file migrate, and the product doesn't
provide of the functionality of recovering the space that no longer  is been
worth (reclamation). This carries us to a limitless growth of the space (disk
or cardtridge) utilized by OPEN/ STOR.

Is there somebody that this utilizing OPEN/ STOR with ADSM?

Could you inform me like do it operate?

You know any product that contributes the HSM functionality in different
environments of AIX, Novell, Windows-NT, Windows-NT on Digital Alpha, etc.?

Thank you for yours attention. A greeting