ADSM-L

Re: client option file and different management classes

1997-10-28 11:59:11
Subject: Re: client option file and different management classes
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:59:11 -0500
Hi Robert,

Here are a few things you can check:

1) Verify whether the file is being bound to the correct management class. To
do this, issue the command:

   DSMC   QUERY    BACKUP   C:\41.TXT

Then look under the "Mgmt Class" field. If the management class is GMO, then
you need to investigate why it's going to an unexpected storage pool.

2) Check the INCLUDE/EXCLUDE list. Are there any includes below the one for
C:\41.TXT that might be capturing it? For example:

INCLUDE   C:\41.TXT   GMO
INCLUDE   C:\*

In this example, the bottom-most include will be processed first, and since
C:\41.TXT matches the C:\* file specification, the file will get the DEFAULT
management class. Repositioning the C:\41.TXT INCLUDE statement below the one
for C:\* will correct this situation.

3) Issue the ADSM administrative command:

QUERY   COPYGROUP   domain   ACTIVE   GMO   FORMAT=DETAILED

What is the "Copy Destination"? Is it the default pool or the GMO pool? If the
default pool, then the the copygroup needs to be updated to reflect the GMO
pool. Did you maybe already do this, but forgot to activate the policy set
(command "ACTIVATE POLICYSET domain policysetname")?

4) Issue the ADSM administrative command:

QUERY   STGPOOL   GMO   FORMAT=DETAILED

5) What is the capacity of the GMO pool? Is it greater than zero? If not, then
you need to define some volumes to it (or increase the MAXSCRATCH setting if
it's a tape pool). What is the "Maximum Size Threshold"? Is C:\41.TXT greater
than this size? Could it be going to the next storage pool in the hierarchy?

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support

        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        10-28-97 12:10 AM