ADSM-L

Multiple ADSM services on WindowsNT

1997-10-28 11:52:06
Subject: Multiple ADSM services on WindowsNT
From: "Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development" <pt AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 08:52:06 PST
Ref:  Your note of Tue, 28 Oct 1997 21:12:59 +1100 (attached)

 To effectively run multiple ADSM scheduler services you need to
 be running at least the ptf 6 level of the v2 client (version 3
 would be better).

 This ptf serialized the service registry entries and added the
 capability of specifying a specific client options file via a
 registry entry for each installed service.

 In addition, the scheduler service installation/configuration
 utility was completely rewritten in version 3 to, among other things,
 be able to deal with multiple installed client services.

 The new utility will actually work with a version 2 client, but since
 it is only shipped with version 3 you have to get version 3 in order
 to get it, although I might be persuaded to places in a separate
 location on the ftp server.

 Hope this helps ....

 Pete Tanenhaus
 ADSM NT Client Developer