ADSM-L

Restore files on Netware

1997-10-27 12:18:04
Subject: Restore files on Netware
From: John Schuch <John.Schuch AT ADVOCATEHEALTH DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 11:18:04 -0600
   When restoring files from ADSM 2.1.5.12 running on AIX
   4.1.4.0 to a Netware client running 3.12 we find that
   ADSM cannot restore files that already exist and have the
   read only attribute set on the Netware client.  We are
   using the Netware supervisor ID and Password when we do
   the restore.  We get message "ANS4104E Write access
   denied...".  Is this how it is supposed to work?  If so,
   does this then mean that to restore files that already
   exist and have the read only attribute set you either
   have to delete the existing file on the client or remove
   its read only attribute before you attempt the ADSM
   restore?

   john.schuch AT advocatehealth DOT com