ADSM-L

Avoid Wright Line barcode labels

1997-10-23 11:35:52
Subject: Avoid Wright Line barcode labels
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 11:35:52 -0400
A year and a half ago we tried some Wright Line barcode labels for
our 3590 tapes.  The 3494 robot had trouble reading them, as caused
by smearing of the bars during label printing.
We recently had further experience with Wright Line barcode labels
and found them to be just as bad.  Moreover, the poor cut-through
makes it a hassle to get the labels off the sheet.  Suffice to
say that Wright Line barcode labels are indifferently made and
should be avoided.            Richard Sims