ADSM-L

no space in pool (update)

1997-10-22 12:04:51
Subject: no space in pool (update)
From: Dave Sanders <dsanders AT MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 12:04:51 -0400
Well, several folks reponded correctly in that I was short on scratches.
My copy to the disaster_recovery copy pool hadn't run as far back as I
could look in my log. (10/12/97).

So, guess it was kinda my fault but I don't have time to scan logs,
processes, etc. in the hopes of stumbling on problems.  It does bring up
some additional requests (similar to my no-response request for dependant
task scheduling).

1) I think that we need some type notification of -serious- failures.  From
my MVS perspective, a WTOR red message??  But, a special log or some canned
reports (I don't wanna make up scans by myself,, cause I could miss some)
would be good.

2) Example leading to 2nd request:  In the middle of the night, a migration
from 1 STG to another begins.  It would be nice to have some hand-holding
with a message that might say, "migration threshold exceeded, migration
processes will be initiated".  Or something, like that.

3) From my WIN96 GUI, I'd like to be able to do includes prior to the first
open, of say, a activity log.  Last time I did an include, I might have
done something very broad, I'd like to decide before my first log scan,
what I want for output instead of having to get a response and then
reinitiate my "new" include.

Just a short list,,,,,,,,

Thanks for responses!!!!!!!!!!!