ADSM-L

Re: ANR1221E (pool is full???)

1997-10-21 10:00:20
Subject: Re: ANR1221E (pool is full???)
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 09:00:20 -0500
     Ummm, could this be where you don't have your scratch limit set HIGH
     enough ?

     Do a :

     query stg insert_tape_pool_name_here f=d

     check your max scratch limit !

     Now at the bottom the max scratch limit is 6000 but nothing shows how
     many are being used!

     In my wonderful world of Unix (Aix) I just :

     dsmadmc -id=_ -pass=_ q vol stg=_ | egrep '(Filling|Full)' | wc -l

     and if the magic number is equal what you find as the max scratch
     limit... (Actually if it is close, 'cause I can't recall if scratch
     tapes for DB backups and the such count also)

     Hope this helps ya,
     later
           Dwight

Author:  ADSM-L (ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU) at unix,mime
Date:    10/21/97 6:52 AM

Hello,

     I opened a ETR with IBM on 10/7/97 for the same type of problem.  One
NT client failed two scheduled
backups in a row with ANR0522W indicating that no sapce was available in my
tape storage pool, which was
strange considering that I had some 5,000 scratch volumes to choose from!

     IBM's response was thatAPAR PQ09463 may help.  Apparently the ADSM
server is trying to write a single
transaction to two volumes.  It attempts  to write to the first volume,
which is almost full, runs out of space - goes to
a second volume which is almost full - runs out of space, then fails with
this condition.  I have not had a chance to
check out the APAR.

                    Ginny

dsanders AT MASSMUTUAL DOT COM
10/21/97 06:50 AM