ADSM-L

Re: Directory names with embedded spaces on NT

1997-10-20 08:25:25
Subject: Re: Directory names with embedded spaces on NT
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 08:25:25 -0400
Try putting the entire file spec in quotes, i.e.:

   dsmc> restore "c:\the lazy dog\*"

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support

        ADSM-L @ VM.MARIST.EDU
        10-19-97 09:50 PM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ internet

To: ADSM-L @ VM.MARIST.EDU @ internet
cc:
Subject: Directory names with embedded spaces on NT

Hi,

I am having trouble, on WindowsNT, restoring directories that have embedded
spaces in their names, using the command line client. I can get it to work
using the GUI OK.

I have tried the following without success:

dsmc> restore c:\the lazy dog\*.*
dsmc> restore c:\"the lazy dog"\*.*
dsmc> restore c:\thelaz~1\*.*

The only reference that I have been able to find regarding embedded space
is problems installing the ADSM client into a directory where the path
contains an embedded space.

I am running NT 4.0 SP3 and 2.1.0.6 of the 32-bit Windows client.

Any suggestions?

regards,

Trevor