ADSM-L

[no subject]

1997-10-18 14:59:14
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 11:59:14 PDT
Subject:Lotus Notes folder problem

Trevor, good news about the folder problem.  We have a fix we are working
on that should make our first ptf!  I apologize for the inconvenience.

I talked to our lotus notes agent developer and found out the following:
When we back up any note in the database (form note, view note, document note,
etc.), all the information and data needed by each note is self-contained
within the note itself.   A folder note is a special type of view note.
It has a pointer to an ID table which has all the pointers to the documents
that belong to this folder. This ID table is not part of the folder note. When
the adsm agent uses the Lotus Notes API call to back up all the items inside
this folder note, it doesn't backup the ID table that the folder can access.

Lotus has no plans at this time to change the api, however ADSM can overcome
this problem.  In order to overcome this problem,
before the agent backs up any note, we can first check if this is a folder
note. If it is a folder note, then after we store all the info
inside that note,  we can parse the ID table to get all the document IDs and it
in the server.
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens (IBM San Jose)