ADSM-L

AW: ADSM retrospective troubleshooting

1997-10-17 01:05:55
Subject: AW: ADSM retrospective troubleshooting
From: "Eickhoff, Armin" <Armin.Eickhoff AT DRESDNER-BANK DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 07:05:55 +0200
Hi Mike,
have you had some cartridge mounts in this time ?
We had a weekend on which ADSM tried to get a cartridge, that ended
with an error and adsm tried it again later. In this time adsm asked
the OS every x mSecond if the cartridge is mounted and this results in
very high CPU usage !
IBM delivers a short zap to encreases the interval time for adsm to
ask the system.
If you need the zap I'll try to find it.
Best wishes
Armin Eickhoff
Dresdner Bank AG
Konzernstab Organisation                -email: Armin.Eickhoff AT Dresdner-Bank
DOT de
Großrechner- und Speichersysteme      (       (+49) 69 263 - 7525
Wm 14 / 2F                      Fax:    (+49) 69 263 - 19243
D-60301 Frankfurt am Main               Visit:  http://www.dresdner-bank.de