ADSM-L

Lotus Notes Client for Windows NT

1997-10-16 11:44:56
Subject: Lotus Notes Client for Windows NT
From: Chris Munonye <Chris_Munonye AT MCKINSEY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 17:44:56 +0200
Hi Fellow ADSMers

Is there anyone out there who has successfully installed and used the newly
 released
Lotus Notes ADSM Client for Windows NT. We installed it and once we start
the backup,
it executes for about 10-15 minutes and then terminates with an error.  On
the server end
the message is as follows :

ANR0534W Transaction failed for session 1315 for node
NA-KM01 (WinNT) - size estimate exceeded and server is
unable to obtain additional space in storage pool
BACKUPPOOL.

We have contacted ADSM support and according to them it is a bug with the
client software
and an APAR has been opened. The explanation that has been given is that
the algorithm
being used for the OS/2 client and Windows NT client for estimating size is
 different and the
one for NT is not accurate.

What puzzles me is the following

1. A new product is released by IBM and has not been sufficiently tested.
We have been told
 that the problem is in the hands of development now and will definitely be
 fixed by the next PTF
 level which is due sometimes NEXT YEAR.  I find this answer totally
unacceptable (to be polite).

2.  When an algorithm works for OS/2 why go and re-invent the wheel?

I want to find out the experiences of any other customers using this
client.

Maybe (hopefully) someone from IBM reads this mail and helps to
significantly speed up the fix of
this problem.

Chris